20131213

PAULA'S CHOICE SKIN PERFECTING BHA LIQUID WITH BETAINE SALICYLATE


Finally, a BHA exfoliant launched in Korea! Korean government has banned salicylic acid in over-the-counter products, so I wasn't able to get any BHA action aside from the one I bring from Montreal (which always run out midway). Paula's Choice saved me by creating a new BHA exfoliator with betaine salicylate!



Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting BHA Liquid with Betaine Salicylate is unfortunately only available in Korea. There are 2 versions of it: liquid & gel.

Although I didn't want to buy the liquid texture, I couldn't wait I-don't-know-how-much-longer for the gel texture version to be released because I ran out of my BHA. I was a bit skeptical at first because I wasn't sure how to use liquid textured exfoliant, but after some adjusting, I was relieved.

Paula's Choice says that betaine salicylate is better at exfoliating the skin than salicylic acid. However, I'm not too sure about it. After using it for a consistent month, I feel as though Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment is better, which contains salicylic acid/BHA (by that I mean more effective). I'm not sure if it's because my skin is reacting differently towards different texture, which may sound absolute nonsense because both should work fine, but that's just my gut feeling.

However, betaine salicylate helps my skin fresh & smooth by chemical exfoliation, but I just don't find it enough. It doesn't exfoliate my stubborn blackheads, which is a shame. So no, I won't repurchase & can't repurchase. I'm waiting to finish this up to get Neutrogena!

No comments :

Post a Comment